Saturday, May 30, 2020

Those Terrible Crucifixions

I was thinking today about cruxification and that it was something that was done regularly in Jesus' time. His crucifixion was not rare. It was unusual because of it's timing on a holiday.

Luke 9:23 KJV "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

Jesus didn't rail against Rome because they crucified people. He said, 'Remember those poor people you saw dragging those crosses through Jerusalem. I am one of them. Follow me and be one of them.'

Crazy!

Jesus talked a lot about how wonderful His Father's kingdom Is. There are many mansions there. Heaven has no pain, death, sickness, jealousy or cruxifications.

Every human institution is littered with atrocity. Every generation has it. Jesus says, 'I am that person you visit in prison. Bring a cup of cold water to them and you are bringing one to me.'

{Sigh} Tears fill my eyes... We are so quick to hurt one another and point fingers. Jesus has risen from the dead. That is the 'sign' He left us with. I want to spread that hope. That hope outlives every generational outrage.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment