Tuesday, May 19, 2020

My Box Of Unfinished Busniess

I'm praying for bravery this morning... for you and for me.

We are brave people... i think we can forget this... obstacles, fears, complexities, unknowns... we have faced them before and we can face them again... but will we? Yes... we will... the box of 'unfinished business', the conversation, looking at the thing we have avoided looking at... God will go with us if we invite Him and then take a step... the complex thing can be broken down into little steps... the hard thing is only too hard if we get overwhelmed by the wind and the waves... focus on Jesus and move towards His outstretched hand... I like to picture Him in my problem smiling at me... laughing maybe but not in a mocking way but the way a friend who cares for you and is on your side might laugh and say, 'Don't be afraid. I AM here.'

You are brave. No. No arguments. You are. That giant is blind as a bat. He hopes you get close enough and afraid enough to stay away or just do something stupid. His loud words are just words. Face him with your sling. Pick some stones and take aim. Don't rush in but don't hold back. Aim for the head. There is danger but you are brave and smart.

I got on my knees this morning and put all my 'unfinished business' in a box. It isn't going into the attic. God is going to be with me as I finish each thing. He promised me that He would never leave me or forsake me. (see Deut 31:6, 8; Heb 13:5)

I plan to recycle this box... rip off the tape, flatten it and recycle it.

"For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." - Galatians 6:8-9 ESV

Yes.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment