Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Our Original Confidence

Wow. This next passage is loaded.

"Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called 'today,' that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end." - Hebrews 3:12-14 ESV

Our 'original confidence' is vital. Jesus is alive and if we know God there was this moment that we became aware that He was aware of us. A transaction happened. A saving. We knew it. A dead soul was suddenly alive and the Spirit of Grace ignited a confidence in us.

'Day-to-Day while it is called today' we encourage each other that this living God still sees us and things are happening even if we don't see evidence that they are.

"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?' " - Hebrews 13:5-6 ESV

Like a sheep, I am prone to wander. My heart can harden out in the wilderness as I seemingly fend for myself but Jesus leaves the ninety-nine to find His wandering lambs.

The cross is a big landmark that I can look to and lift up. He can be found in His word and where two or more encouraging and encouraged hearts gather and say His true name. He Is Saviour, shepherd, physician and the living God. When His nature is revealed our confidence returns and rests on Him and His willingness to affect situations for us and through us.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment