Thursday, November 28, 2019

Faith And Magnetism

Thinking this thanksgiving morning about iron, magnets and faith. The Earth has a magnetic field. Free floating magnets will seek to align with that field and point magnetic north. They also produce a field themselves. There are only a small group of elements that 'hold' magnetism. Iron is one of them.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17 ESV

The iron in you affects the iron in me. The faith in you affects me and vice versa. It can magnetized me when I have lost my charge (aligning influence). Intense heat causes iron to lose a magnetic charge but it can become remagnetized.

Many believers in one place believing with a freeing message that lets them float to align with the mind of God is an amazing unique thing.

Ancient seafarers used compasses to align themselves and safely navigates the seas. Faith can do that for us also.

I'm studying to align myself to God this morning. I'm going to be around people today and I want to have a strong 'magnetic charge' of faith so I can be a blessing and not a curse. Doctrine without power is dangerous and fragmenting. Grace causes freedom. Power and freedom are an amazing combination aren't they?

"If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy." 1 Corinthians 7:13-14 ESV

This passage is talking about marriage and divorce but doesn't it also speak about the magnet-like power of a believer. One believing parent can bring temporary 'alignment' to a child that has no faith field of their own yet. A person can have a sanctifying influence in a household. The visitor brings Jesus in but the person who lives in that home has Him reside there.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment