Wednesday, July 6, 2022

A Royal Honor Code Of Love

"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." - Matthew 7:12 ESV

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." - John 13:34-35 ESV

There is a royal honor code. People have boundaries that other people should never cross. Respecting those lines is a way we love people.

Then there are lines that should be approached and only crossed if given permission.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20 ESV

"Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm. May the Lord repay him according to his works." - 2 Timothy 4:14 NKJV

It is right to warn people about people if they are dangerous. That is also love. Not a rumor or gossip... a first hand account.

Knowing people is a great honor. Care can help someone out of a rut that they could not get out of themselves. Love can reveal a Risen Saviour. Carelessness can divide.

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. When wickedness comes, contempt comes also, and with dishonor comes disgrace." - Proverbs 18:2-3 ESV

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." - Psalm 19:14 ESV

--

No comments:

Post a Comment