Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Times Of Temptation

Temptation is an interesting thing. I quit a hobby activity last July because it was occupying to much of my time and replacing activities that invigorated my spiritual walk but lately I have been tempted to take it back up again. I got rid of the equipment I had used but I find myself looking around for new equipment. Nothing has changed about it being a time waster but in my restlessness I'm 'tempted'. I sometimes have to talk myself away from the threshold of entering back into that activity. I want to 'write myself a pass' knowing no good will come of it.

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV

This is really good news for me right now. I feel like I need to escape. Saying, 'No, I'm not doing that' isn't easy at times.

I'm going to activitely believe God for the projects in my life and in other people's lives that don't seem to be progressing and take the 'trust in Jesus' escape of faith that goes against sight knowing that faith motivated action and confession please God and glorify Him in the long run.

He is able. I don't have to settle for less than His best.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment