Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Specialness

Just pondering the idea of 'holiness' and how it is a pure type of specialness that is realized by an individual. We can be very 'familiar' with things and people.

Looking back now I realize that I was very 'familiar' as a child. My room. The food we ate. Places. They weren't special to me. Life just was and I didn't realize things would change or be gone. It was all about how I felt in the moment and what I wanted. Power and powerlessness. In one sense I just didn't 'know better' because I was young and naive even though I got street smart at a young age.

Holiness came into my life. I see that this doesn't happen for everyone. I link it directly to Jesus and not growing up because maturity can only account for so much. Holiness isn't sentimental. It is divine and pure. It is an unchanging specialness linked to grace, mercy, justice and love.

It isn't defiled and we all have seen what defilement is if we get old enough. My 'street smartness', if I had any, came from exposure to potential dangers.

Holiness is only dangerous to darkness. The meek and humble are at home in holiness but that sense of belonging is because of the love of the holy One. It isn't a place of carelessness because of the care that permeates the 'place'.

Jesus brought holiness out of the temple and into people's lives and we have that if we have Him. Life isn't easy but it is special.

You are special. You are important. You are not common. You are loved.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment