Monday, September 17, 2018

Needing To Be Noticed

Dressing or speaking to be noticed is an unholy desire.

Bam.

Unholy = not sactified

"I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness - with good works." - 1 Timothy 2:8-10 ESV

"Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." - 1 Peter 3:3-4 ESV

Everyone wants (and needs) to be seen and heard. It isn't wrong that we want that. God sees us and hears us.

Perhaps men yell to be heard and sometimes women dress to be seen. It could be the other way around at times. Men dress to impress and women can need to have the last word.

I am speaking to myself this morning. I like to look good. I want people to read these posts and be blessed by them. When I speak I don't want to be ignored or disrespected but I am I operating out of some need? Do I hunger for some approval or respect? No, By God's grace I don't because God approves of me and loves me just as I am.

"Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, which have not benefited those devoted to them. We have an altar from which those who serve the tent have no right to eat." - Hebrews 13:9-10 ESV

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." - Psalm 23:5 ESV

The beautiful thing is that God does sometimes put people in our life who reflect His love. No matter what we say or how we look they will love us. If we are free we can be those people to someone else. Isn't that a great privilege?

--

No comments:

Post a Comment