Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Extra Sandwich

"See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no 'root of bitterness' springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;" - Hebrews 12:15 ESV

The Greek word translated 'fails to obtain' is hystereo (Strong's G5302) and it means to 'fall behind' or 'to be devoid of'. The picture I'm getting is of bagged lunches on a field trip. Twenty sandwiches get made for a dozen children but somehow one child is sitting there without a sandwich.

If we don't experience grace even though it is there for us roots of bitterness can form and in time they spring up and hurt others.

People start saying things like, 'No one ever brings a sandwich for me.' or even 'I don't believe in sandwiches.'

God has grace for you today. He has it for you every day. He is gracious.

We can sit on a rock grumbling because we are hungry or we can go to God and say, 'I know You have a provision for me. You never forget about me. I am hungry God. Help me.'

God is the kind of person who makes an extra sandwich or two 'just in case' and it is there for those who come and ask for one.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment