Thursday, May 25, 2017

Perfect Priorities

To be utterly transparent... I dropped the ball on something important this week. It happens. Sure, There were obstacles but if my priorities had been right I could have overcomes those obstacles. They weren't correct and I didn't have the momentum I needed to be where I needed to be.

As I sit here rebounding with God in preparation for dealing with the person I let down this passage came to mind...

(Stephen gave a long speech that I left out because it is Jesus I am focusing on)

"Stephen said: "Brothers and fathers, hear me...

Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth at him. But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, 'Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.' " - Acts 7:1-2a, 54-56 ESV

Jesus positioned Himself to be there in Stephen's time of need.

He Is where He Is right now because that is the perfect position to be there for us when it counts.

Jesus sits in Heaven now as our High Priest.

"...since he always lives to make intercession for them. For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens." - Hebrews 7:25b-26 ESV

His priority system is perfect. He may not act when you want Him to act but He will always show Himself faithful at the key times when it counts.

Some of us are more faithful than others...

"Many a man proclaims his own steadfast love, but a faithful man who can find? The righteous who walks in his integrity - blessed are his children after him!" - Proverbs 20:6-7 ESV

Yes.

I look at Jesus this morning and I ask God to teach me. There is no condemnation.

Jesus' positioning is on our 'account' if we have believed in Him.

"But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness," - Romans 4:5 NKJV

It other words we don't strive to please God. God is pleased with those who believe in Christ. God has 'placed' believers right where they need to be.

I want to think like Jesus thinks so that I can be in the right place at the right time here on Earth. I want to think 'with' God. God is already pleased. Now I want to represent Him so that others will see His attributes on display.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment