Monday, October 19, 2020

Catalysts

Thinking of our role to be a 'catalyst' in people's lives. "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." - John 5:30 KJV "For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth." - 2 Corinthians 13:8 ESV "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." - John 15:4-5 ESV The catalyst does not cause the chemical reaction. It creates an environment that allows something to happen or accelerates the process. The catalyst remains unchanged. It is not 'eaten up'. It does not lose substance. "You are the salt of the earth... You are the light of the world." - Matthew 5:13a-14a ESV Salt and light are catalysts. Salt creates a certain environment in soil and water. Some marine life only thrive in salt water and others in fresh water. We function one way when we can see what is around us and in another when we can not see. You and I are catalysts. Are we catalysts for evil or for spiritual life? --

No comments:

Post a Comment