Saturday, July 25, 2020

Crushed Olives

A good day with the guys in the heat. We discussed God's sovereignty, providence, human suffering and the anointing. How God has this plan and certain events are destined to come to pass in God's plan but at the same time we have free will and our choices matter. The 'anointing' is linked to suffering. Olives are crushed to get oil. The anointing breaks the yoke (our training to function a certain way naturally). To be free we will suffer. Jesus suffered to set us free and we suffer in degrees if the anointing is operational. How we suffer is linked to our free will. Do we suffer because of bad decision making or do we 'suffer well'? God's plan is going to come to pass but we can be 'co-laborers with Christ' and God in His sovereignty (His free will) may very well answer prayer or just intervene on our behalf out of love in special ways that glorify Him.

I want God to 'show up' in the spaces I enter into. I want an anointing and a more than natural manifestation. He does that if the olive gets crushed. We fall on the rock and get broken but the gift is so great. The pain is fleating but the glory is forever. Jesus was crushed for us and that suffering is finished... still... in Him we suffer many things with Him.

I want to keep this in mind when I've been pushed outside my comfort zone and I'm trying to make things work. I'm try to make bricks with no straw. A great deliverance is coming for my mind if the result is that those olives get crushed.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment