Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Sign Of The Prophet Jonas

God called Jonah to live in proactive compassion but he ran from that calling. Jesus didn't but Jesus directly identifies with Jonah in the gospels (see Matthew 12:39). Jonah ran and ended up in the belly of a whale. Jesus went to a cross so He could go to Hell in our place. Jonah eventually found himself on shore again marching into the city he was running from. I sit here on my bed writing this trusting God that I died with Christ, rose with Him and am seated with Him in Heaven in some mystical positional way. I have my face pointed towards the city I was running from and that in itself is miraculous.

If God can do that He can do the rest. We are called to compassion. We lift up a compassionate God who became a man who could turn us, save us from Hell and ourselves.

There are people in the city that need to know that Jesus is their 'space to repent'. They can turn to the one who turned you and be saved from hate and damnation just by believing in Him.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment