Monday, August 14, 2017

Amen In Him

"For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we proclaimed among you, Silvanus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No, but in him it is always Yes. For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory." - 2 Corinthians 1:19-20 ESV

Wow. It is a great thing to have a 'Yes and Amen'.

Perhaps 'Amen' sounds religious in some way. It did to me at first. Monks say it. Swaying crowds singing Gospel music shout it as they wave their hands. It wasn't a word in my vocabulary or perhaps I uttered a sarcastic, 'Amen brother' here or there to jokingly agree with something.

I didn't see the depth of Shalom that was in the word. 'Amen' has a universal rightness to it. It is agreeing with God. It is uttering a phrase that says, 'I am on the same page with the eternal mind.'

It wasn't in my vocabulary but neither was Jesus. In Him I have my 'Amen' and if I have half a brain I also have a 'Yes' when I hear an eternal truth and it resonates in my being.

Yes and No. Yes and No. Yes and No. People will say these two all day long. They are like the zeros and ones in a computing machine but who in the room will say, 'Yes and Amen'? Who will look at an empty cross and use their sanctified imagination to gaze into Heaven to see a risen Christ? Will take on His light burden and shed their own heavy burden? Who will join with Him in a seek and save mentality and leave behind the judgement of people in approval and disapproval?

I sit here penning a blog entry but my heart is swaying in a great multitude singing and shouting 'Amen'. I have music because of Jesus. I have glory in Him. I have a connection to the Father as a dusty human being anchored to the Earth. My Spirit is free to roam in glory.

Thank You, God. Yes and Amen to Your Son. He Is my glory. Give me words to say that come from You so others will have an Amen today. Maybe it would be their first one. Thank You, God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment