Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Morning Thanksgiving Session

Thanking God this morning. Thanking Him for people and events. Thanking Him for the objects in my home... temporal stuff that might be owned by someone else after I am gone or just discarded as trash but right now it is mine to use and appreciate. Thanking God for hands, feet, eyes and ears. Thanking Him for birds and trees and springtime quickening. Thanking Him. Praising Him. Appreciating Him. I am not just thanking the air I am thanking my Heavenly Father. I know God hears it because I have access to His throne through Jesus Christ. I can only imagine what an infinitely holy God thinks of my thanks. When someone thanks me it means something to me and I am a puny dusk speck living on a spinning dust speck.

Thank You God for bringing this dusk speck close and making me aware of your holy attention and care.

"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace..." - Ephesians 2:13-14a NKJV

I am so aware that if I got what my choices should have brought me. I would have so much less and I would be far not close. Thank You God for giving me good things I don't deserve every day again and again.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment