Monday, August 24, 2026

Learning and Turning

In seasons like this I often think 'Am I going through this so I can unlearn something?'

I know many people are looking to learn from circumstances, but that smacks to me of this need to always have accomplishment and continue to accomplish and accomplish and accomplish. But what I know about my life of faith is that it's really not about my accomplishments. It's about His (The Father, the son, and the holy Spirit).

If anything perhaps I'm like the addict whose life is starting to get bad because of his addiction but he hasn't gotten to the end of himself yet. The answer is never me doing better. It's about me giving my all in a surrender to Christ's supremacy in my life while I'm doing the next thing with all my strength as unto God.

Jeremiah 31:18 ESV — "I have heard Ephraim grieving, ‘You have disciplined me, and I was disciplined, like an untrained calf; bring me back that I may be restored, for you are the LORD my God."

The KJV says 'turn me and I will be turned'. I like that translation better.

My prayer today is that my life would glorify God and that I would unlearn anything that's in the way of me walking by faith.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment