Thursday, June 10, 2021

The Drive To 'Make Our Mark'

Men have this 'need to accomplish things' or a 'desire to leave a mark on the world'. I think it is a 'broken' desire that stems from the very real command that God gave Adam to 'be fruitful and multiply'. Man turned it into a works program but God never intended it to be one.

Video game addiction, career addiction and many other addictions are ways to try and fill the void but mankind is just broken until God enters in and makes us whole. We need the sense of 'accomplishment' and enter into a crisis if we think that our life is like a sand castle that will dissolve at high tide.

Jesus accomplished more in 33 years than any man ever will. His deeds will last forever and when our identity is 'hidden' in Him we have a mystical fulfillment. It is a peace that passes understanding.

Now we can live in the excellence of the moment. Now becomes more than enough as long as 'now' is not living in solitary mediocrity. We can strive to function in the excellence that we already have on our account in Christ.

At times I feel like I fail more than I succeed but is it really failure if I'm walking by faith and walking on the excellent upper highway of praise. Is my boss (God) pleased? Is my father (God) happy when He sees me. Yes! He is happy because of Jesus and that happiness spills over on me because of my association with His Son. I am adopted into the gathering.

I want to be the best {fill in the blank} right now. That means I learn... grow... and walk by faith. Self hatred can only happen if I believe a lie.


--

No comments:

Post a Comment