Friday, May 28, 2021

Begin

Take the first step. Draw the first line. Put in the application. Find out the steps and do the first one. Put a little in savings to get what you need. Get a garbage bag and just start cleaning up the mess one piece at a time.

Sometimes I want to draw but I don't know how to start so I just draw a line and then another line. Often, but not always, it turns into something. I might end up discarding that page but it gets me started.

"[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." - Hebrews 13:5-6 KJV

Some look at this passage and think, 'I shouldn't want things.' but looking at it today I see, 'I need to stop talking about wanting things and take the first steps with God!'

This is the contentment that comes from practicing God's presence and not being paralyzed by the fear of losing the illusion of control over what we seem to have.  

The things we want are bought with a currency... it just isn't money. It is faith that with God all things are possible if we are willing to leave our comfort zone and go with Him into the next thing.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment