Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Access

Love gives access. In many ways it is access. At the same time access isn't necessarily love. I am seeing this theme everywhere in life and in the scriptures.

It isn't the people who say they love you that really love you. It is the people who invite you into their lives that love you. It is the people who share their time, space and inner thoughts who are the 'loving' people.

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." - John 14:1-3 ESV

Love is rare. 

I don't want to focus on those who don't love me. I want to cherish those who do and be a loving person in practical ways.

God loves you.

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." - John 14:1-3 ESV

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus," - Ephesians 2:4-6 ESV

The gospel is the good news that Jesus has taken care of everything that would bar us from God's presence. He makes us holy when we believe and restores the access that Adam lost so long ago.

Access requires trust doesn't it. I hesitate to let untrustworthy people into my home but God lets us into His home and that is amazing. It speaks about the quality of His Love.

A passage in the last chapter of the Bible says this...

"The Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come.' And let the one who hears say, 'Come.' And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price." - Revelation 22:17 ESV

That is love.

--

1 comment:

  1. "Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?" - Amos 3:3 ESV

    "On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'" - Matthew 7:22-23 ESV

    I think we care for people and try to include them but some won't want it. They will want the benefit of knowing us but never let us into their heart.

    Then there are times when we limit access wanting to give more but it is conditional. Love by nature is conditional.

    God invites everyone in the world to come but some won't come. Hell will be full of people like that. Not bad people only. There will be good and bad people who just wanted to be their own gods.

    Some people are shy because they don't love themselves enough to invite others in. We can't love anyone else until we love our self. Self love is needed to love other people.

    Sometimes people give others access they shouldn't have to generate love. They give access to their bodies but not there hearts or their hearts get broken because they trust someone hoping for love in return.

    We let God love us. Then we begin to love ourselves and others. Love is painful. Look at Jesus. His love brought Him to a cross.

    ReplyDelete