Friday, November 13, 2020

Develope Spiritual Neediness

I'm thinking this morning about 'spiritual neediness' and how it is a good thing but it takes maturity to realize this. The aging process is a good parallel. As a young person I didn't wear glasses. Then I got one pair as an adult. Now I have two pairs used for different things. I aged but adjusted. Our spiritual vision has always been impaired and it isn't because we are the 'exception' and everyone else has something we don't. A person who needs mercy all the time is just in touch with the divine reality of what it means to live in a fallen world. 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV - "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." If we live in shame because of our spiritual neediness we won't obey this passage. Grace and mercy will be theoretical emergency measures instead of a daily provision and a normal framework.

No comments:

Post a Comment