Friday, September 11, 2020

Moses And Aaron

I have always wondered about this interplay between Moses and his brother Aaron. Was it God's will or was it a 'compromise' of sorts?

"But Moses said to the LORD, 'Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.' Then the LORD said to him, 'Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.' But he said, 'Oh, my Lord, please send someone else.' Then the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses and he said, 'Is there not Aaron, your brother, the Levite? I know that he can speak well. Behold, he is coming out to meet you, and when he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. You shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth, and I will be with your mouth and with his mouth and will teach you both what to do. He shall speak for you to the people, and he shall be your mouth, and you shall be as God to him." - Exodus 4:10-16 ESV

Also, Did God predict that Aaron would be happy to step into this role or did God move on Aaron's heart in some way to produce the outcome?

Either way it comforts me that God is willing to make us interdependent in ways. Moses is a 'type' or Christ. He was a Savior of Israel in that God used him to get them out of Eygpt and to the edge of the promised land.

"...You shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth, and I will be with your mouth and with his mouth and will teach you both what to do..."

Reminds me of this.

"When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, 'Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.' And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld." - John 20:20-23 ESV

There is this grand interplay between the Trinity and us as individuals. If we have a Pastor God sometimes uses words from that person to speak to us. He gives the pulpit the words and we are both taught together.

Maybe sometimes we feel like saying...

'...Oh, my Lord, please send someone else...'

Even in that there is a provision for companionship in the sending.

Oh that is good. I'm praying we all run into more people who are 'glad in their heart' to see us and work with us. No one should have to go alone in this world.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment