Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Participation In The Vision

I am sitting here this morning praying for people and thinking about what I can do to help. In these times I find I must also apply the doctrines of 'Do not strive' and 'There is no condemnation' into the mix. God must be King. He Is the minister and I am an under-shepherd to the great Shepard. Where He leads I must follow. Sentimentality can't guide me. Rules can't govern this. Love must constrain. But also in my mind is the thought, 'If I don't do this who will?'

These are the passages that are in the orbit of my thinking this day. They are like moons spinning quickly around my consciousness...

"Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand." - Romans 14:4 ESV

"As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come." - 2 Timothy 4:5-6 ESV

"And he said to them, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.' " - Luke 10:2 ESV

Many of the things I want to do require people and resources in order for the vision to take form. People stand or fall before God. I sit here and look at areas and avenues and see white harvest fields. I see pain and heartache. But not too far away from where I sit I also see bills and responsibilities. Those must be addressed.

I decide again like I have a hundred times before. I must 'prove' my ministry. I must make decisions and talk about the white fields. I stand or fall before God alone and so does everyone else. I am a minister and not a manipulator but I can communicate vision and then others have a choice. I can listen to those who communicate vision and make choices.

The Bema seat (reward ceremony of Christ) isn't going to be about what others did for me. It isn't going to be about what got worked up as a way to 'fulfill my responsibilities'. The flammable things will burn and disappear on that day.

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." - 2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV

It is going to be about the good (Agathos - Strong's G18) that was worked out through a life lived by a faith that pleases God. Every reward will be a grace reward.

Ever person that participates in a vision will be a grace participation.

I deserve Hell but I'm going to get Heaven because of Christ. Amazing.

How can I make that known? Oh God... Help me make that known... with all the pressures and desires... with the need for resources and allies... with the new tasks and concerns that age brings... Help us make that known.

God bless the people I am thinking of this morning... health... joy... hope... protection... vision... You are the source of all blessing... You are the God of all grace... You are the hope of our salvation.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment