Friday, November 15, 2013

A Strengthening Of Strength

A 'graced out' life is a powerful life. It is effective.

"Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us."  Psalms 68:28 KJV

The two words for strength here are back to back Oz (Strong's H5797) Azaz (H5810). The order of the words goes like this.

'Command' 'God' 'Strong' 'Strengthen' 'God' 'What You Have Done'

It is a prayer that what has been done would be strengthen or 'made firmer'. That the finished work promises would be established in the world and in people.

Take a look at this verse.

"I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ. For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you." Philemon 1:4-7 ESV

The sharing of faith becomes 'effective' when it acknowledges that the good works are Christ's good works stemming from the finished work. Edification is a strengthening of strength in what has been accomplished. Grace commands a blessing because of what God has wrought in Christ.

That is effective ministry in a nut shell. All the tools we use in evangelism are used to this end... that people might be refreshed by a refreshing life that acknowledges Christ's goodness and sufficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment